Service Cloud Solution Design section consists of 16% of total score in the Salesforce Service Cloud Consultant certification exam, covering topics such as solution design, performance optimization, use cases and benefits for implementing CTI, Communities and Field Service Lightning. Without further ado, let's get into it!
NOTE: This post is written in May 2020 and content might be changed/updated overtime. The content is inspired by focusonforce.com.
Guideline for Service Cloud Solution Design
- Given a scenario, analyze customer requirements to determine an appropriate solution design considering capabilities, limitations, and design trade-off.
- Distinguish the key components that contribute to performance optimization within a design.
- Given a scenario, understand the use cases and benefits for implementing CTI, Communities, and Field Service Lightning.
Solution Design Capabilities
Customer Service Support Channels:
- Web-to-Case can be utilized to capture information submitted by customers in website can be converted into cases.
- Email-to-Case or On-Demand Email-to-Case can be used to convert emails into cases.
- Call Center Open CTI can be setup to receive calls from customers and make outbound calls to customers.
- Chat can be used to allow customers to chat with support agents.
- Self-Service Community
- Knowledge Base can be used to allow customers to solve the issues on their own.
- Questions and issues can be posted in the community to discuss with other customers.
- SOS (Service on Salesforce)
- SOS can be used to provide an in-app channel with video conferencing, screen sharing, and guided assistance.
- Social Media
- Social Customer Service allows case creation from social media posts.
Automation Rules - Assignment Rules, Auto-Response Rules, Escalation Rules and etc. can be utilized
Advanced Service Cloud Capabilities:
- Entitlement Management
- Knowledge Base
- Chat conferencing
- Field Service
- Social Customer Service
- Service Console
- and etc.
Solution Design Limitations
- Understands the limitation of Service Cloud Solution Design. For example:
- limitation on rules per object is 50
- limitation on Entitlement Management
- limitation on Case Path is 5 fields per stage
- limitation on email size attachment is less than 25MB
- limitation between
- and etc.
Performance Optimization within a Design
- Performance Optimization Options:
- List View Configuration - use indexed fields as filter criteria and display fields that are needed only
- Enable Separate Loading of Related List' in
Setup > User Interface:
- Data Tiering - store records across a number of objects and only accessed when required
- Use Selective Queries - use '
AND' and '
EQUALS' rather than '
OR' and '
- Use External Objects - store large data volumes outside Salesforce
- Divisions - partition data when there are millions of records
- Custom Indexes - setup custom indexes for standard and custom fields by requesting Salesforce customer support
- Skinny Tables:
- Improves performance on reports, list views and queries when tables contain millions of records.
- Combines fields from the table that contains standard fields and the table that contains custom fields into a new table to avoid joins.
- Applicable on Account, Contact, Opportunity, Lead, Case and custom objects.
- Feature must be enabled by contacting Salesforce support.
- Report Design Consideration:
- aggregate data at parent level
- reduce number of fields
- report filters on indexed fields
- Optimize Sharing Rules - change sharing rules during after hours (recalculation could take a long time which might impact performance)
- defer sharing rules
- Archive Data - use
BulkAPI to hard delete large number of records
CTI, Communities and Field Service Lightning
CTI (Computer Telephony Integration)
- Open CTI is supported in
- Benefits of CTI Implementation:
- integration with Salesforce directly without the need to install CTI adapter on user machines
- easy to navigate and access customer information in the same browser page in any browser or platform
- customized softphones and tools that improves agent's productivity, such as click-to-call, automatic call logging and recording, automatic dialing, screen pop and etc.
- Community Cloud allows creating customer service and self-service communities for a more personalized support experience for customers.
- Lightning templates are available for creating branded and responsive customer service communities using Lightning Community Builder.
- Benefits of Communities Implementation:
- one-stop support experience for all customers
- access to Knowledge articles, FAQs, how-to guides for self-service
- chat with agent
- submit a case using web form and access to the case to track status and so on
- post questions or issues in the community
- increase call deflection and decrease call volume, reduce overall expense of contact center
Field Service Lightning
- Field Service Lightning provides tools to manage work orders, scheduling and mobile workforce, which are essential for running a field service business.
- Once enabled, FSL makes a number of standard objects such as Work Order and Service Appointment will be available in setup and user interface in Salesforce.
- FSL managed package can be downloaded for more advanced scheduling capabilities.
- FSL mobile app can be downloaded as well.
- Benefits of FSL Implementation:
- assign tasks to mobile technician who perform field work based on their skills, availability, product inventory and service territory
- track the location and status of product inventory, warehouses, service vehicles, and customer sites
- allocate resources to service appointments efficiently based on technical skills, travel time, location and other factors
- view all scheduled appointments using dynamic scheduling console
- generate service reports to keep customers informed about service progress
- update work orders, track parts, gather customer signatures, and connect with dispatchers and all that can be done using FSL mobile app
Well, that's all about it. See you in next post!
Post was published on , last updated on .
Like the content? Support the author by paypal.me!