Content Management topic will be relatively shorter topic that will be coming out in Salesforce Administrator exam. Though it only contributes 3% of total score to the exam, it might still matter if you are on the fringe of passing the exam! Anyway, let's get into it!
NOTE: This post is written in April 2019 and content might be changed/updated overtime. The content is inspired by focusonforce.com.
Salesforce Contentis a complete content management system that builds upon the simple storage that is available in
- NOTE: this is a
Classiconly feature and later on been replaced by
- Other additional features of
- Organization of files into libraries
- Document tagging
- Version control
- Notification of updates
- Sharing both internally and externally of files
- Key points of
- Content can be uploaded.
Version managementkeeps track of file version.
- Content is organized into
- Permission required:
- Content can be tagged for searching.
- Search within actual text contained within certain types of file format such as Word, Excel, PDF, Powerpoint, HTML and text.
- Preview content page such as PDF, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Content users can subscribe to the content to receive update when file is changed.
- Custom fields can be added to the content object to store meta data.
- CRM Content Setup:
Salesforce CRM Contentin Setup.
Salesforce CRM Contentfeature license manually on User page or check
Autoassign feature licenses to existing and new users.
Manage Salesforce CRM Contentallows:
- Manage Record Types and Layouts for Files
- Manage Content Properties (CRUD custom fields in
- Manage Content Permissions (CRUD
- Create Libraries
Libraryis used to organize contents for personal (private) use or shared with others.
Contributeis used to upload files and create a content of it.
- Users can be added into Library and specified the permission: Viewer, Author or Library Administrator.
- Not only
Userscan be added into libraries,
Public Groupscan be added into Library as well.
- When a content is in a shared library, the content can be given a positive or negative vote.
Tagging Rulescan be used in Libraries (Classic):
- Open Tagging - allow authors and editors to enter their own tags
- Guided Tagging - allow authors and editors to enter their own tags or choose from suggested tags
- Restricted Tagging - allow authors and editors to choose suggested tags only.
- Libraries in
Lightningis accessed via
- Like Classic Libraries, it can add files and manage library members.
- Libraries are structured in folders and folders can be created, renamed and deleted by
- NOTE: only empty libraries can be deleted.
Custom Library Permissions (Classic only)
- Standard Library permissions can be changed and updated.
- New custom library permissions can be created by searching
Content Related to Standard or Custom Objects (Classic only)
- Content can be searched and related to Standard and Custom Objects.
- Searches libraries user has access to, matching content text or attributes relevant to records.
- Record fields search vary by object, for Accounts - Account Name and Industry.
- Related Content related list must be added to the page layouts.
Content Delivery (Classic only)
Content Deliverycan be created to share content with external parties for easy online viewing.
- Salesforce creates a custom webpage that can be shared to provide access to a content (either a file or content pack) for a defined period of time.
- Optionally a password can be required to access the page.
- Content Deliveries can be created from a related list on Standard and Custom objects.
Content Deliveryis available in
Lightning Emailgenerates delivery-based links as email attachments for
Lightningusers who have access to the
Content Deliveryfeatures. Also, the related list will not be shown in
Content Pack (Classic only)
Content Packis a collection of documents stored together.
- Content Pack can be created from
- Any files in
Contentcan be added to a
Content Packwill be saved as
Enable content pack creationin
Salesforce CRM Contentin Setup must be enabled.
- An existing content pack can be cloned, files can be added, removed or reordered.
- It is possible to publish a new version of content pack after updating it.
Content pack creationwill prevent content packs from further customization, but it is possible to change their Title and Description.
Salesforce CRM Content Best Practices
- Review libraries and their contents regularly
- Define consistent tags for users
- Tags can't be changed or deleted, but they can be removed from a document to remove confusion.
Featurefunction to make content more visible to users.
Version Managementinstead of reuploading revised copies as separate content.
Well, that's all for now. I hope this content helps! Have a nice one!
Post was published on , last updated on .
Like the content? Support the author by paypal.me!